"Pirate Ship Name Generator" - Shiver Me Timbers and All That Jazz

  • The Disgrace of the Eel
  • The Dragon's Barnacle
  • The Hellish Doubloon of Hades
  • The Red Hoard
  • The Vile Strumpet of the Ocean

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

人魚じゃない…

The stiff and strong
Are Death's companions.
The soft and weak
Are Life's companions.
Therefore,
The strongest armies do not conquer
The greatest trees are cut down.
The strong and great sink down.
The soft and weak rise up.
-Daodejing, chapter 76

Studying for exams.
Just thought I'd post this passage.
Ancient Chinese literature is really something...

2 comments:

The Nanny said...

I find that, in a lot of cases, to be true.

And can I tell you just how much it makes me SQUEE to see a new update on your blog from my Bloglines??!??!?

Zanzibar George said...

Bloglines?