"Pirate Ship Name Generator" - Shiver Me Timbers and All That Jazz

  • The Disgrace of the Eel
  • The Dragon's Barnacle
  • The Hellish Doubloon of Hades
  • The Red Hoard
  • The Vile Strumpet of the Ocean

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

We Sail Through Our Youth So Impatiently

Okay so. Short post today. I have tests in Latin & Economics tomorrow. But I DESPERATELY need to plug the new Vanessa Carlton CD.

It. Is. AMAZING.

There are songs on here that don't even really relate to me.
But somehow they do.
Like.
Okay. The song, "Come Undone" has a line that made me tear up for no apparent reason the first time I heard it. I had to pause it. And just sit for a second.

"There are people in this lifetime
That we should never meet.

'Cause to be here now without you,
Well, my life's so incomplete.
I'll tell you what you mean to me
And maybe then you'll see."

That whole verse just struck me. Especially the first line. Just. Wow.

And her piano playing. CHRIST. She is amazing. I will probably be listening to nothing but this CD for a week. It is that great. She's like the John Mayer of the piano. Just unbelievable.

And to think that an hour ago I thought I was going to listening to nothing but The Used this week. Life really is full of très magnifique surprises.

But most of all:

Music, I salute you.

11 comments:

stellatus sidera said...

i love you.

Tru said...

Wow. She is amazing. I love it. By the way I love the title of your blog (ode to Albus Dumbledore).

The Nanny said...

ah tru! i never even realized that! beast!

Zanzibar George said...

Stellaluna: I love you dos.
Tru: WHATYOUHAVEABLOG?!WHATTTT? Someone better have given you the address for mine, or I'm going to be insanely freaked out.
Nannydear: No comment for me? Just one for Tru? I'm hurt.

The Nanny said...

i gave tru your blog address, i hope that's okay!

and a comment (or three) for you, zanzi:
1) if you burn me the cd, i'll listen to it
2) i miss you
3) i want to have twins named pepin (with the accent) and zelie (with the accent). i'd be frenchilicious and so happy.

<22222

stellatus sidera said...

hey whore.

plz 2 luv me?

The Nanny said...

So Lex. Methinks it's time for an update.
Love, Nanny

Zanzibar George said...

Methinks that is a tiptop idea.
=]
I'll keep your posted.
...
...
...
FUCK, A PUN!

The Nanny said...

TAG, you're IT! See my blog for details.

The Nanny said...

TAG, you're IT! See my blog for details.

Zanzibar George said...

POSTEDDDDDDD.
Yay for updates.